About

Sunday, July 11, 2021

Programming Languages




Scratch Project

    Using Scratch for the first time was interesting.  It was a neat way to code games,  animation, stories and more. The design of the website made coding seem fun and  easy to follow. I explored the website as much as I could before I began working on my  own project. Although the website is designed for the beginner programmer in mind, I  still had difficulties. I struggled with how to align the commands together to make them  work. The most difficulty I experienced was with the different variables and knowing how to choose the appropriate event or control to make my Sprite do what I wanted it to. I  overcame these difficulties by referring to the tutorials on the website. The videos were  helpful with step by step instruction on how things such as changing size, adding  sounding and adding a variety of effects. I also referred to YouTube for additional video  tutorials.

    Through doing this week’s assignment I gained a better understanding about how to  use code to make animation come to life. Through coding I was able to control my  Sprites through commands that I created. Coding through Scratch was easier than  the activities in the textbook. Section 2.8 gave the fundamental knowledge of the  transistor which I was able to apply in scratch, using 0 and 1. The fun cartoon  animation and colorfulness of the Scratch website made it more user friendly than  the machine language, assembly language in the textbook exercises. Scratch is  designed in a way that children as young as 8 can begin coding. I personally found  the high-level language easiest to use.

    In machine language a CPU runs off 0s and 1s. In assembly language assembler is  automatically converts to machine language. Furthermore, high-level language  enables greater programmer productivity as it automatically converts assembly and  machine language. I think that high-level language is more popular because it is the  least manual method and allows higher productivity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tech Topic Connection