About

Monday, July 12, 2021

Web/Mobile App Critique

 The audience for my Blog will be Shopify application (app) users. My blog will be  useful for small business owners, web designers and developers. Based on my  audience I intend to make design my blog in a way that it is informative and provides my readers with information and recommendations about the apps available on the Shopify  platform. Since my website will be geared toward users with different levels of  proficiency in information technology, I will design it in a way that even a novice would  feel comfortable reading my blog. I will be mindful not to use too much technical jargon  or acronyms. 

    The Techie R has a helpful step by step tutorial on YouTube for navigating in  Blogger. It shows how to create post, download and select themes and managing  settings (The Techie R, 2020). This is a great visual resource that will help me build my  blog.  In doing my research on other technical blogs it appears that a simple design is  best. Most of the blogs that I observed had a solid background color, mainly white, black or blue with one or two other accent colors for fonts and boarders. I will design my blog  in a similar way with a white background two different shades of green for fonts and  boarders.  This is in alignment with the current color scheme of Shopify. In one of the  tutorials that I watched it was recommended to begin each post with an image followed  by and introduction paragraph. Other imagery and video may be added throughout the  post where applicable to illustrate the discussion point. Followed by a conclusion  paragraph, as some please scroll to the end to read the conclusion before reading the  post from start to finish (Patel, 2020) The font for headers will stand out boldly from the  body of my paragraphs and I will use a legible font that is easy to read.

    The blog that I reviewed by Science Soft Professional Software was very well  designed.  It had a specific audience, and all the post were related to medical  technology.  The color scheme and layout of the page was idea to any reader.  All the  tags and categories were located at the top of the page. The tiles for each post were  uniform in they all had an animated image, post title, date and brief description.  InsideEVs, also was a well ­designed blog that was all about electric vehicles. I designer  was a minimalist and did not attempt to put to much on the page. Both examples  illustrated the effects of keeping things simple and help identify placement on my blog. 

    On the contrary Digitaltrends.com was a blog that had way too much going on. The blog was so wordy and unorganized. The blog has such a board range of topics such as  computing, mobile, gaming and smart homes. This made it difficult to navigate, although it was segmented into categorizes. This helped me hon in on a narrower discussion  point for my blog.  

    My key takeaways are

­ -  Keep it simple ­ 

-  Utilize the side bar for ‘call to actions'

-  Have a top bar ­ 

-  About section ­ 

-  Comment section ­ 

-  Make the blog accessible ­ 

-  Have the social icons scroll with the user 3 ­ 

-  Use plugins ­ 

-  Use vivid imagery


Science Soft Professional Software Development. (2021). https://www.scnsoft.com/bog

InsideEvs. (2021). https://www.insideevs.com Digital Trends. (2021). https://www.digitaltrends.com

The Techie R. (2020). How to create a blog using blogger. YouTube.  https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=Q9H‐8‐MQKpc 

Utke, D. (2020). Google’s blogger pros and cons. YouTube.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEiRWraOejs Patel, N. (2020). How to create the perfect blog layout. YouTube.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBcNQwjNuy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tech Topic Connection